A true multi-user high performance MALDI TOF-TOF Mass Spectrometer
The MALDI-7090TM is targeted for proteomics and tissue imaging. It combines Shimadzu’s extensive MALDI TOF-TOF mass spectrometry expertise with novel patented technology to provide ultimate performance in identification and structural charactersation of biomolecules.
MALDI-7090 sets a new benchmark in MALDI TOF-TOF design:
- Market leading MS/MS resolution
- Proprietary solid state UV laser technology
- Ultra Fast acquisition speed in MS and MS/MS
- Integrated 10 plate loader
- Newly designed MALDI SolutionsTM software
QUICKLINKS TO FEATURES
- MultiPlexTM: a flexible multi-user walk-up system offering unparalelled efficiency and versatility
- A source design like no other: For sensitivity and ease of use
- Hyper-MS2TM: Combining core technologies patented and exclusive to Shimadzu for ultimate performance in MS/MS acquisition
MultiPlex maximises the efficient use of the MALDI-7090 through the combination of the integrated 10 plate loader, the ultra fast 2kHz UV laser and the MALDI Solutions multi-user software environment. Multiplex expertly manages the MALDI-7090 workflow: experimental set-up, data processing and results review is now possible from any workstation linked to the instrument network delivering a true multi-user interface. MultiPlex streamlines analyses by assigning specific plate locations within the 10-plate loader, monitoring the progress of the submitted experiments. Furthermore plates can be inserted into the loader while analysis of a separate plate is on-going further increasing throughput and ease-of-use.
Designed for reliability the MultiPlex offers unmatched flexibility in both the high-throughput and multi-user environment.
A source design like no other:
The MALDI-7090 introduces and number of proprietary features to improve sensitivity and productivity.
- Wide Bore ion Optics: Consisting of unique wide-bore extraction optics, the MALDI-7090 ion optics are designed to maximise ion transmission and minimise source contamination over time.
- Ultra fast Laser: Delivering true 2kHz acquisition speed in all modes, the solid state UV laser is Shimadzu proprietary technology designed specifically for the MALDI-7090. The added benefits of variable beam focus and long lifetime maximise reliability and broad-range applicability.
- HD sample viewing: The MALDI-7090 incorporates the latest state-of-the-art camera technology delivering high quality full HD colour images of the sample with 10µm viewing resolution, software controlled variable focus and long-life LED illumination.
- TrueCleanTM: Optimal performance of the MALDI-7090 source is maintained using TrueClean - a novel and fully automated source cleaning process. TrueClean cleans the source electrodes by redirecting the UV laser onto their surface and desorbing any contaminant material. This method is highly efficient and does not require source removal or venting.
The MALDI-7090 sets a new standard in MS/MS acquisition. Several novel and exclusive technologies have been combined to create Hyper-MS2 delivering:
High resolution ion gate:
The MALDI-7090 is equipped with a dual wire-grid high resolution ion gate.
Compounds of similar nominal mass may produce MS/MS spectra that contain fragment ions from several precursors if not gated correctly. However the high resolution ion gate in the MALDI-7090 allows the individual gating of species close in nominal mass thus producing distinct fragment ion spectra
Axial Spatial distribution focussing - ASDF:
ASDF is a Shimadzu patented technology that enables unparalleled resolution in MS/MS acquisitions. Through correction of the axial spatial distribution of the ions generated, the mass resolution is significantly increased and becomes essentially independent of the laser power use to ionize the sample.
With ASDF, the MALDI-7090 can achieve mass resolution of 10,000 FHWM – unobtainable through pulsed extraction and ion optics alone.
High- and low- energy fragmentation:
MS/MS fragmentation in the MALDI-7090 is true high-energy CID (HE-CID).
Ions enter the collision cell at 20keV extraction energy. Furthermore, collisions with helium rather that heavier gases (air or argon) result in the most efficient generation of ions only associated with HE-CID (e.g.: peptide side –chain and lipid backbone fragmentation).
MS/MS fragmentation is further enriched by retaining all of the metastable decay ions through the reflectron analyzer, maximising the amount of information extracted from each sample.
Low-energy fragmentation (metastable decay):
The MALDI-7090 can also be used in low energy fragmentation mode without collision gas. Here the fragmentation relies on spontaneous metastable decay of the precursor and exhibits low-energy type ions.
Key Application features:
MALDI SolutionsTM is the completely new software interface for the MALDI-7090 MALDI TOF-TOF mass spectrometer. Providing a powerful range of tools for method development, acquisition, data processing and interpretation, MALDI Solutions has been designed for ease of use and reliability. Each funtionality within the MALDI Solutions suite is targeted to a particular application such as LC, MALDI, MALDI imaging or manual control creating a simple and verstile application-centric platform.
Download Brochure MALDI-7090